5 Excellent Home Entertaining Ideas for Summer
Gathering with friends and family to share a meal is one of the greatest ways to enjoy the summertime. Sometimes it can seem overwhelming to make a great get-together at home work well. Here are some ideas to help you make new memories, beat the heat, and savor your summer.
1. Use an RSVP scheduling website to keep track of your guest list. Keep track of who says they’ll be there and who has to pass without needing to scroll through a massive group text. Look up a couple of website options online, decide which one has the features you need, then send out a simple RSVP email. Bonus—your guests will only have to worry about their own responses. No accidental reply-all options here!
2. Make use of the decor you already have. Take some of your favorite (but not priceless) indoor decorations to the table or patio outside. It can be tempting to go all out at the party supply store to find a ton of themed items for your gathering, but you probably already have everything you need to put together a beautiful, unique party aesthetic that fits your style. “Shop” your home for items you can set out on the table outside or place around the patio to create a relaxing, comfortable environment.
3. Create an event hashtag to encourage guests to take and share photos. We see people do this for weddings all the time, but it’s a great idea for smaller gatherings as well. Create a unique hashtag that makes sense for your event (it doesn’t have to be cutesy and clever unless you want it to be!), and put it in an easy-to-see location. Ask your guests to take lots of photos and share with each other. At the end of the evening, you’ll still have lots of fun photos without the pressure of keeping up with your own photography.
4. Set up a drink station, keeping everything in one place, so your guests don’t have far to go for refreshment. Stock your drink station with little things that make a huge impact like a bottle of simple syrup to sweeten drinks to your guest’s exact taste or frozen fruit in place of regular ice cubes. Keep everything your guests might need for their summertime beverages all in one easy-to-reach space.
5. Make iced coffee popsicles ahead of time for an after-dinner treat. When it’s too hot for the usual cup of coffee with dessert, change things up a little bit to make it better fit the season. Popsicles will help your guests beat the heat, but the coffee will still bring your evening to a close with familiarity.
This summer, make the most of your space and host a gathering to fill your life with amazing memories for years to come. If you’re in search of a home perfect for hosting, we’ll be happy to refer you to a local real estate agent and find the mortgage product that is right for you. Contact us today!